BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

i have installed SAS 9.3 on couple of computer and some uers complain about "deployment wizard launches on reboot of computer each and everytime".

when i have installed SAS on any computer, "reboot pending message" appeared saying that reboot is pending on this machine. when i click on "YES" computer got reboot and SDW starts automatically some times and sometimes not- i have to kick off SDW one more time.

anything need to be done?

please advise...

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your feedback Sandor and Duke. I have found the solution which works for me.

I refered SAS note 46570.

sandip

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SandorSzalma
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

If I were you, I would identify the missing third party components and install them before the SAS installation.

Regards,

Sándor

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Sandy,

Sandor's approach works in a highly controlled environment.  Sometimes machines of different ages have different versions of the components (they aren't missing, just a version that is too old).  SAS does the checking and some, in particular Microsoft's, require reboots.  It ma also be that the user had a pending reboot that was unrelated to SAS, in which case you just have to live with it.

We have also found that our use of PGP disk encryption makes it so the tool that SAS provides to pass your credentials to the PC on reboot fails, so the users needs to manually restart the wizard.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your feedback Sandor and Duke. I have found the solution which works for me.

I refered SAS note 46570.

sandip

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation