BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All - i would appreciate any help on this question.

I am using SAS 9.3 TS1M1. I wants to add "store process server" under "SASApp". when i right click on "SASApp" - i can see "stored process server" in the new sas application server component wizard;

now my question is - how can i create it? Is hierarchy goes like by creating

- logical server first and then

- physical server and then

- server

???

for egample;

SASApp

SASAPP - Logical Stored process server

SASApp - Stored Process Server

servername.domain

what is the logic behind creating "logical server",  "physical server" and then "server" node (as i mentioned above)?

Please adivse - thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Right-clicking on SASApp and adding a Logical Stored Process Server will not create the necessary .BAT file. You should configure a stored process server using the SDW - this should create the metadata as well as the required files on the disk.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

To add servers to your SAS Application Server, you'll want to use the SAS Deployment Wizard on the corresponding machine.  Check out the Application Server Administration Guide, and specifically the section entitled "Add a New Logical Server in an Existing SAS Application Server" at:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biasag/62612/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n10005intelplatfor...

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In addition to Marks reply, for an explanation of the app server, logical server and server tree have a look at The Hierarchy of Metadata Objects Used to Define a SAS Application Server section at bottom of the The Structure of a SAS Application Server page in the SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Application Server Administration Guide.  Whilst many installations only have a single server under a logical server, logical servers provide a container where you can group multiple server instances distributed over multiple machines into a load balanced cluster.  You can see an example of this on the Overview of Load Balancing page.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your information Mark and Paul -  this would helps...

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Have a question -  i don't find storeprocessserver.bat file to put in command option line for adding/creating new "stored process server". Will i get this after finishing of SDW for "stored process server"? or if i add "stored process server" directly by right click on SASApp - how can i get that?

Thanks.

AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Right-clicking on SASApp and adding a Logical Stored Process Server will not create the necessary .BAT file. You should configure a stored process server using the SDW - this should create the metadata as well as the required files on the disk.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Afarzam...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation