BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Friends,

Hope you doing great,

I installed sas 9.3 in Linux server, When I'm installing i have selected 'configuration' option...And installed successfully, with all 'green' symbol and i have tested all the applications and i have validated based on the instructions.html file.

Is that done or should i have to 'configuration' again with using 'deployment' tool ?

Many Thanks,

Suman

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

hmmm
SAS Intelligence Platform (all these are known by concept?)

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide (What to Do Next: Administration Tasks)

---->-- ja karman --<-----
DominicDavis
Calcite | Level 5

You do not need to run the configuration as a separate step.  It works along with the install.  It can be beneficial to separate them if you want separate installation and configuration response files for review after installation.  There is no reason to go back through the configuration again.  If you've tested successfully then the install was configured.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Dominic, SAS is rather expensive (licenses etc) at the BI/DI parts not something for being used at home privately for fun.

In the more serious approach you have to make a good job of it. There is lot of public info on that, I will give some:.

- Standard of Good Practice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

- Category:Principle - OWASP

- Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst - ISTQB® International Software Testing Qualifications Board

- Information Technology Infrastructure Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  (ITIL)

There is al lot more of it, think off NIST  guidelines COBIT SOX-404 etc.

It some asthonishing (predicting the failures) but not surprising (the cheaper argument) that that many of those basics are often missing.

An installation should be stable and verified not being changed intended/unitended.

A configuration is exposed to be changen tested validated and planned to operations.

By this difference in that requirement  it makes a lot of sense tho have them segregated.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----
DominicDavis
Calcite | Level 5

...You're good to move on.  Configuration took.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation