BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PaulS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

We recently installed SAS 9.3 on the 64-bit version of Windows Server 2008 R2, and I need to create data sets that are compatible with the SAS V6 engine.  I use these data sets to create V5 transport files.  When I use V6 on a LIBNAME statement, I get the following message:

NOTE: The V6 engine on this host is limited to read-only access of SAS data files without index

optimization.  V6 data files cannot be created or updated and V6 catalogs cannot be read.

How can I create V6 compatible files with a 64-bit version of Windows?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If your goal is to create V5 transport files then why not do that?

libname x xport 'myfile.xpt';

PaulS
Calcite | Level 5

We provide the V6 files to a client, who processes them and subsequently converts them to V5 transport files.  They originally requested V6 files, since V6 and V5 transport files have similar constraints.  I'm going to see if they'll be okay with receiving transport files, but I was hoping I could make it seamless for them.

ballardw
Super User

Have you tried

Libname mylib v6 "<Path>";

And copy your sets to that library?

PaulS
Calcite | Level 5

Specifying the V6 engine on a LIBNAME statement worked before we moved to the 64-bit server.  Now, it works for reading data sets, but I get the following error when I try to create a new data set:

ERROR: Write access to member MYLIB.X.DATA is denied.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation