BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Theis
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I'm in an organisation using SAS for some datatasks and MS-SQL for others. We want to move some datasets from our SAS database to our SQL-database. 

I don't know if it is possible with the license we have (look below for info), but maybe you can help me out? We prefer a direct connection and not lose metadata.

proc setinit;run; 

---Base SAS Software 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS/STAT 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS/GRAPH 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS Integration Technologies 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS/Secure 168-bit 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS Enterprise Guide 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP ASE 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP IQ 14DEC2020 (CPU A)
---High Performance Suite 14DEC2020 (CPU A)

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sorry, you won't be able to get a connection to a SQL Server database with those products I'm afraid. You'd need SAS/Access to SQL Server, SAS/Access to ODBC or (not sure about this one, but probably) SAS/Access to OLEDB.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sorry, you won't be able to get a connection to a SQL Server database with those products I'm afraid. You'd need SAS/Access to SQL Server, SAS/Access to ODBC or (not sure about this one, but probably) SAS/Access to OLEDB.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation