BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KenMac
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

New (part-time) admin question.

Recently started receiving a pop up prompting for a certificate every time EG starts.  Checked the "Desktop Application Administration Guide" and do not see any mention of setting up certificates.  If I click cancel, everything works as expected.  It's really becoming a nuisance.  

Why is EG creating this prompt?

Environment is SAS 9.4M4 Grid on RHEL / EG 7.13

Thanks in advance!

EG.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

I can only imagine its prompting for the TLS certificate to use for authententicating you with your organisations forward proxy server to access the Internet. At startup the SAS Enterprise Guide client will connect to SAS servers to check for updates. I'd enable the SAS Enterprise Guide log and when the prompt appears check where you are up to in the log. Once you OK the dialog perhaps the messages that follow in the log will give you an idea where its coming from.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

I can only imagine its prompting for the TLS certificate to use for authententicating you with your organisations forward proxy server to access the Internet. At startup the SAS Enterprise Guide client will connect to SAS servers to check for updates. I'd enable the SAS Enterprise Guide log and when the prompt appears check where you are up to in the log. Once you OK the dialog perhaps the messages that follow in the log will give you an idea where its coming from.

KenMac
Obsidian | Level 7

Simon,

Turned on the logging and found that since there were two certs, EG was prompting me to choose one.  The bad news is that if I did choose one, the prompt just reappears.  The only way to clear it is to choose 'cancel'. 

From there, I went into the Windows Certificate Manager and deleted the older cert from my Personal folder and when I started EG, it came up without the prompt  Problem solved.

Many thanks for the tip!

Ken

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation