BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nikhil_khanolkar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have created a Windows Batch file to execute the sas code, I want to append the DateTimestamp to the Log file name. Like "Name:Datetime.Log"

I have created below command in batch file.

"C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\sas.exe" -autoexec 'C:\Program Files\autoexec2.sas' -sysin "C:\Program Files\Usage per Channel.sas" -log "C:\Program Filesfile://\\GL1015018\SAS\Usage per Channel.

log"

When I tried to do it using Proc Print to in .SAS code and removed -log command in batch file, batch did not run properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikhil

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Did you mean PROC PRINTTO? If not that may be an option if included in the program.

boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Nikhil,

I ran into this a while ago - might help you, particularly as you're already writing batch files.

http://www.phusewiki.org/docs/2008/PAPERS/CC03.pdf

Hope this helps

Nik

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Have a look into the directives for log names in the second half of below link.

SAS(R) 9.2 Language Reference: Dictionary, Fourth Edition

boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This is the far better option. I think you need -logparm "rollover=session" in there for it to work

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation