BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NKormanik
Barite | Level 11

Double-clicking on the SAS .exe file now causes green screen, with below error messages on two attempts:

Stop code: system_service_exception
What failed: win32kbase_rs.sys

Stop code: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
What failed: win32kfull.sys

Perhaps the problem lies in: win32kbase_rs.sys contains a new implementation of GDI region.

Sure hope there's a work-around or solution.

Maybe you have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Nicholas Kormanik
nkormanik@gmail.com

8 REPLIES 8
NKormanik
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for stepping forward, old friend.  I tried your suggestion, but SAS still instantly crashes when I try to start it.

I'm using M7.  Perhaps M8 doesn't crash.  Who knows.

Wish there were an easy solution.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

What's supported is documented here: https://support.sas.com/supportos/list?requestAction=summary&outputView=platform&sasrelease=&platfor... 

Contact SAS Tech Support if your OS version is supported but you can't make it work.

Patrick_0-1702778739588.png

Patrick_1-1702778766697.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is your Windows 11 Beta 32-bit or 64-bit? SAS only supports 64-bit Windows 11. Also I suspect only Production versions of Windows are supported.

What version of SAS are you running? 9.4 M?? And is it 32 or 64 bit? You can check SAS system requirements here

StefanM
Obsidian | Level 7

"Is your Windows 11 Beta 32-bit or 64-bit?"

Is there a Windows 11 32bit again? I thought it's only 64 avail.

NKormanik
Barite | Level 11

The culprit appears to be "What failed: win32kbase_rs.sys."

SAS worked perfectly before this Windows 11 Beta change was made, and I, unfortunately, updated to it.

Crazy, the milli-instant I double click on Sas.exe, POW, the whole screen goes green.  Totally terminal.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Found this just Googling. Don't know if it applies to your case.

[Solved] Win32kbase.sys blue screen error on Windows 11/10

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You might be able to restore your previous Windows version: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1187453/how-to-roll-back-my-window-update

I'd also advise against using beta software versions - let others feel the pain, not you...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation