BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
karthic2612
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

We are planning to do migration from SAS 9.3 to SAS 9.4. I could see from the documentation that, if we are using SAS migartion utility, the operating system and SAS architecture should be similar. Still we havent decided with the way to do migration from 9.3 to 9.4. Before that i have a quick question to all.

Will i go by promotion tool, is it possible to migrate all SAS configuration files/contents from SAS 9.3 to 9.4 ? 

Could someone give some detailing about the migration that can done using promotion tool with more specific.

Thanks,

Vishal

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Configuration files (*.cfg files I assume) will be different between versions so shouldn't be migrated. Changes should be applied to "usermods" configuration files manually as your requirements are likely different between versions. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation