BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
smilingmelbourne
Fluorite | Level 6

I reinstalled Win 10 Pro several last week and had a serious issue with installing SAS 9.4. I've been using SAS 9.4 on Win 10 Pro on this laptop for 2 years without a problem. Now, in SAS Deployment Wizard, in Stage 1 with 388 items to install, it took 3 full days to finish just the first 7 items [namely, SAS Private Jave Runtime Enviornment; SAS Deployment Manager; SAS Deployment Support Components; SAS/SECURE Java Component; SAS/SECURE Java Component (Update); SAS Providers for OLE DB (64-bit, English); SAS Providers for OLE DB (32-bit, English) ]. I thought there was some problem with my laptop, so I tried installing it in another PC. Still the same issue. I reinstalled SAS several times in the past on the same laptop and OS without any issue. It ran smoothly, taking about several hours to complete.

How to overcome this issue? Thanks much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@smilingmelbourne - I agree with @Kurt_Bremser.  It should never take anywhere near that long.

Look at where your SAS software depot is -- is it downloaded to your local PC, or is it on a network drive?  Network latency can be a factor when installing from a network-mounted software depot.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation