BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello there.

I need to configure my firewall to allow email communication from SAS Viya 3.5 to an external SMTP server. To achieve this, I must specify a source IP address. However, since I'm working with a Full Deployment of SAS Viya 3.5 that includes a Distributed CAS Server, I'm uncertain which specific service or node is responsible for sending emails when using the FILENAME EMAIL statement in a SAS script. Is it the Compute server, CAS Controller, CAs Workers or other?

TL;DR: In a Full Deployment of SAS Viya 3.5, which service, node, or element is effectively responsible for sending emails when using the FILENAME EMAIL statement?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Then it would be the compute service: compsrv/default. Consult your inventory for the host(s) that carry this service.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Will the FILENAME EMAIL statement be used by users using SAS Studio? Or do you anotherscenario in mind?
alisio_meneses
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @JosvanderVelden . Thank you for replying.  The FILENAME EMAIL statement will be used by users using SAS StudioV. 

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Then it would be the compute service: compsrv/default. Consult your inventory for the host(s) that carry this service.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation