BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Njangadam
Calcite | Level 5

First of all, not sure if I'm posting this on the right board, so if not, let me know where would be a better place to ask.

So I'm just trying to install the program (from CD-ROMs - not University Edition), and I get to a step that says "Select the deployment task you would like to perform." I get two options:

End User Tasks------------

Install SAS software
            Choose this option to install SAS software on this machine.

OR

Administrator Tasks------------

Create or Add to a SAS Software Depot

Choose this option to copy this order from the media to a new or existing SAS Softward Depot.

Now, I have no idea what a :softward depot is, or if I need to create or add one. I think I'm the end user, but I'm also the "Administrator" on my laptop that I'm installing it onto.

Which option do I choose?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

If you are installing SAS on your desktop then you should choose the first option. Having administrative privilege is another issue not treated in this step.

"Create or Add to a SAS Software Depot" is administritive task which allows you to create copy of the SAS Depot to a directory on shared network drive. So you can think of it as you are copying your CD on shared storage, it is not installing.

SAS Depot is your Software resouce which you have on the CD: What Is the SAS Software Depot?

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

And yes if you have similar questions you better post on Administration and Deployment. In order to get faster response.

Njangadam
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, that helps a lot!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation