BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sharda
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I would like to also know what is need on the Sharepoint side to make the above change as well.

Thanks,
Sharda

8 REPLIES 8
anja
SAS Employee

Hi there,

Please take a look at the following doc:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/wbptswssag/67334/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1q20blgr14zwln...

Does that help answer your question?

Thanks

Anja

sharda
Obsidian | Level 7

Will take a look and let you both know.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

SASwork
Fluorite | Level 6

I'd like to expand this topic a bit.

I have 3 boxes (mid-tier, compute, and Metadata)  Windows 2008 R2 and a couple of months ago updated from 9.4 M2 to 9.4 M3.  So I'm assuming all the pieces are where they should be on those 3 boxes.

It appears to me this is a new installation on the Sharepoint box. So going through the Deployment wizard I get to the Deployment Plan window.  Since there upgrade did not have a deployment plan, what option should I be selecting in the standard deployment plan?

When I get to selecting the configuration level I see a lot documentation that indicates selecting custom.  Should I select typical instead?

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Maintenance release upgrades, including from 9.4M2 to 9.4M3 don't require a plan file (unless you're adding products as part of the upgrade).  If you're truly adding on Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint to an existing SAS deployment, you will want to specify the same deployment plan as was originally used for this 9.4 deployment.  Assuming that plan reflects the product mix including Web Parts for SharePoint, you'd go through the Typical or Custom path of the SDW per the documentation mentioned earlier in this thread (specifically, Custom is used if you want to leverage a "shared identity").

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

SASwork
Fluorite | Level 6

Mark,

I'm not sure I was totally clear.  I'm told that Web parts is standard with then new versions.  Even though I see no indication that Web parts for Sharepoint is there.  I've also been told that an installtion of those parts have to done on the Sharepoint server itself.  This implies to me that I have to do a new install on just the Sharepoint Box.  If there are more than one Sharepoint box the means multiple insalls? And you suggest I use the plan file that is 2 years old and has a different order number than the update? 

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

I believe the best description for the installation process of SAS Web Parts is found here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/wbptswssag/67334/PDF/default/wbptswssag.pdf

I'm assuming your SharePoint server is separate from your SAS servers.  When the SDW was initially run to set up your environment, it probably created a directory in your configuration directory to house the Web parts per the above doc.  If you didn't have it deploy the Web Parts to your SharePoint server, you'll need to follow the instructions to Manually Install the SAS Web Parts on that server.  It's frequently the case that the SAS Web Parts files get created by the SDW on one of your SAS servers (as dictated by your deployment plan) and you copy the appropriate files out of your configuration directory on that SAS server to the system containing the SharePoint server.

If you didn't have the SDW create the SAS Web Parts files in a SAS configuration directory during the initial deployment, you'll need to make sure your original deployment plan contains SAS Web Parts, and yes - use it again to deploy SAS Web Parts.  If the SAS Web Parts weren't part of your original deployment plan (used two years ago), you'll need to get a new plan from SAS.

If you don't feel like the aforementioned doc is helping your through this, it's probably worth giving Tech Support a call to help walk you through it.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation