BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
W1ndwaker
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

yes that is what i did, i created a new app server, then created the folder structure with permissions, and then i made a new autoexec specific to map the libraries for the server on the startup, the thing is that there are users that are not in the group of the folder that can map it and work on it.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @W1ndwaker 
When you say this "the thing is that there are users that are not in the group of the folder that can map it and work on it.", it's time that these users be added to the appropriate groups both at the LDAP, SASMC and the OS level if they need access.
Typically, SAS Administrators handle these scenarios with ease. If there is something weird OR complicated, it's time that a support ticket is created with SAS Tech Support for assistance.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
While all of this information is true, I am with Kurt: I think you need to understand the process owner and the permissions set up, on top of your LDAP vs local groups configuration.

This is an OS question more than SAS.

Permissions in UNIX based systems are tricky and meant to be more restrictive than permissive.

If you are interested in being more in control of your Linux permissions I would suggest to apply a granular configuration with ACLs, then you gen something similar to Windows.
W1ndwaker
Obsidian | Level 7

Probably your answer to apply another kind of security is the best solution, and we're underway to do it, the point is that i found this situation in the meantime we change our system and datawarehouse, and wanted to share the situation, i know it's strange and seems to be something not correctly configured on LDAP/system or a maybe it's a bug on SAS, i'll be checking it and see if i find anything, but this will be corrected applying a new security model.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation