BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jaime33178
Calcite | Level 5

Hello ,

Would anyone happen to know how long it takes for the SAS 9.4 Web App server to start back up once services are restarted?

It's taking quite some time on my side.

6 REPLIES 6
kkhelif
Obsidian | Level 7

25 minutes max.

Jaime33178
Calcite | Level 5

I'm at 33 minutes and still nothing.

Also, when I try and reach the page, I get the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" error. Seems like others have experienced these long delays.

kkhelif
Obsidian | Level 7

try to hit one of your web applications and take a look at your server.log.

Jaime33178
Calcite | Level 5

It came back up. 35 minutes.

Seems a bit long. Longer than JBoss. That was clocking in at max 10 minutes.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Jaime,

take in consideration that SAS 9.4 have more web applications to start, and bigger (even if it does not look like that, you can trust me).

Of course there are some other considerations:

- did you choose to automatically deploy the web applications? If the answer is yes, everytime the SASServers are starting, they are also redeploying the web applications (not rebuilding them), what takes more time. Probably also your JBoss was not redeploying automatically.

- Check the resources of your middle tier server: RAM memory is a must.

- Check also the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory parameters that are being used to start your web application servers (SASServers). You can find them on your wrapper.conf/setenv.sh as Xmx, Xms, etc. Maybe they can be optimized

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation