BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MartinD
Calcite | Level 5

I'm new to SAS deployment/administration...  So apologies if this discussion is misplaced...

I'm looking at deploying SAS 9.3.  As part of this I will be creating some generic ACT's via code (I already have working code for this).  I also want to create some User Groups.  I've had a look around various SAS sites and the web, but I cannot find any examples of user group creation.

Rather than trawl through the documentation and learning curve of METADATA_NEWOBJ  (am I even looking in the right area?) I wondered if anyone else had done this via code?

Any help appeciated!

Thanks,

M

2 REPLIES 2
Sunshine_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Martin,

This is an old one but here is the answer in  case your still looking Smiley Happy

You can take a look at Usage Note 40628: How to automate adding users and groups to a SAS® Metadata Repository

http://support.sas.com/kb/40/628.html

You might be specifically interested in the Sample Code for Generic File Import.

Thank you and have a great day, Sunshine

epower
Quartz | Level 8

Sunshine's response is the way to go with this.

Establish your groups in an LDAP directory and then have your scripts sync your users and groups.

This is what we are using to manage over a thousand users at my site and its has been running for years without a hiccup.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation