BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
suzgauth
Fluorite | Level 6

We are running SAS Viya 3.4 on Linux and using Visual Analytics 8.4 to develop dashboard reports.

Our users use Enterprise Guide to develop the data sets used for their dashboards.

While they are in 'development' mode we encourage them to IMPORT their data and manage the Load/Unload process manually.  This gives them the greatest control of their data content while they work.  Once they have a data set that 'works' they move to an autoload process that can be scheduled.

This approach has  been well received and is working with one exception.  The IMPORTED file and the AUTOLOADED file are treated as separate files in our data folders. 

When using the IMPORT option and manually handling the data updates, the file that is created is capitalized.

MYFILE.sashdat

When the file is autoloaded using the schedule, the file appears as

myfile.sashdat

Because of the case sensitivity in Viya, both files exist simultaneously in the data folder.   I'm still testing to see what happens when the scheduled refresh of the CAS Library occurs.  At the moment I appears the CAS Library refresh always looks to the Imported (uppercased) file and never actually loads the newer Autoloaded (lowercase) file.

I'm wondering if anyone knows why the IMPORT vs. the AUTOLOAD would create different filenames (capped vs. lowercase) and if there is a way to control that in the Viya system?

Currently we are instructing people to manually unload and delete the original Imported file before 'testing' the autoload option. 

Susanne

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Gibbs
Calcite | Level 5
Importing into CAS will always give an uppercase table name due to the nature of CAS (my understanding). My "guess" is that the autoload is not working because when it tries to load that file, the uppercase file name already exists in CAS (via import).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation