BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alko13
Quartz | Level 8

Good Day!

We have a fresh install of Viya 4. Installation seems completed sucessfully, all pods are in Running/Completed State. However while navigating EVM, Have noticed that the Scheduling tab under Jobs and Flows are displaying 0 jobs. Have compared this into a lab environment that is fresh installed as well and the jobs can be displayed from there. May I know what items to check to solve this? I checked the logs of the sas-scheduler pod and seems no error/abnormality there.

Actual Environment (No jobs being displayed):

alko13_0-1677141287530.png

Lab Environment (With Jobs)

alko13_1-1677141307890.png

Please advise,

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Look at the network trace in your browser's developer tools to see if any calls are failing with 401/403 errors, and make sure there are no rules that have been added or modified limiting your access to those endpoints.

That tab is populated by calls to /jobFlowScheduling/schedulers, /jobExecution/jobRequests, /scheduler/jobs and /jobFlowScheduling/flows.

Usage Note 60268: Using the web browser developer tools to investigate issues in SAS® Web Applications
https://support.sas.com/kb/60/268.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
alko13
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @gwootton 

We see these 404 messages in network trace of chrome. Anything needs to be checked further?

alko13_0-1677468762699.png

alko13_1-1677469561789.jpeg

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The network tab rather than the console tab will show all the requests and responses more clearly. What you've shared shows you are getting a 404 when looking for one specific job definition: d08d41da-2f03-4129-9043-196eba8b92bb. I'm not sure what that is related to, but I would not expect it to prevent all the jobs from not being displayed.
--
alko13
Quartz | Level 8

@gwootton for the network tab these 404 appear for a specific job.

alko13_1-1678089359673.png

Accessing the job url also leads to 404 error 

alko13_2-1678089379021.png

I intend to  delete the problematic job using sas-viya cli. however, even the cli is unable to detect this job

alko13_4-1678089525536.png

Got idea how can can delete this job outputting 404 error? Seems to be a corrupted job

Thanks!

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I suspect the issue here is you have some job of id X that is referencing the (non-existent) job definition of id Y. We need to delete the job X but we don't have that ID yet, only the ID Y that doesn't exist.

So I think you'd want to call for example the URL:
/jobExecution/jobs?filter=contains(jobDefinitionUri,'d08d41da-2f03-4129-9043-196eba8b92bb')

Which should return any jobs that reference the already deleted job definition's ID. You could then use that ID to delete through the sas-viya CLI.
--
alko13
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @gwootton 

Managed to delete the problematic jobs using cli.

Now no more error 404 in Network Tab

But still scheduled jobs does not show.

alko13_0-1678335046044.png

Are there other things that can be explored on?

Thanks!

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are you able to create a new job and have it show up in the list?
--
alko13
Quartz | Level 8

@gwootton 

Creation of job is okay, However also not showing on the list.

alko13_0-1678420223983.png

After creating Job Flow:

alko13_1-1678420255531.png

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I would suspect then the issue is with rules applied to the endpoints I mentioned. Have the default rules been modified or added to for:
/jobFlowScheduling/schedulers, /jobExecution/jobRequests, /scheduler/jobs and /jobFlowScheduling/flows
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation