BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tobey
Fluorite | Level 6

I have 1 user who cannot get beyond the Viya 3.5 logon screen after entering her credentials. She gets "Processing request....." in the lower left hand corner of the screen (Chrome browser screenshot attached). When she clicks on + for new tab and clicks on her SAS Drive bookmark, she gets right in with no logon prompt. This issue started recently after logging in with no issues for several months. She is the only user having this issue.

Clearing all time cache in Chrome browser settings did not resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcFranklin
SAS Employee
You might check if the version of Chrome on her computer vs the computer where this issue does not occur is different.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you haven't done this already then I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support. This is likely to require checking server logs.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Tobey ,

indeed, as @SASKiwi indicates, it might be time to get support from SAS Tech Support teams.

Perhaps, before contacting them, you could:

- check the saslogon and identity logs, and perhaps try to restart them.

- check your identity provider (AD or LDAP) and see if this particular user had a recent modification in its objects/attributes. If there was any, maybe it would be worth to analyse what changed, the nature of what changed, and potentially also the way to resolve/adapt what changed.

- what is the authentication method in your Viya installation? Just OAuth, or some additional layer is involved, such as Kerberos or SAML for Single Sign On authentication? If it is the second case, then you might need to look at the SSO components, such as the cached Kerberos TGT, probably at the client computer.

- can this user log in from another computer?

In any case, the questions above might be some that SAS TS could rise anyways, and perhaps with this actions you can get your own answers too. I think they are worth the shot.

Please let us know.

Best regards,

Juan

Tobey
Fluorite | Level 6

Many thanks for your reply! The user can log in to Viya from another computer. So issue must be in Chrome browser on her computer. We tried clearing all cache, cookies, logins and passwords. She still gets "Processing request..." message and stays on logon screen. We will try reinstalling Chrome.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I am glad to know that works! Would it work from IE, or another web browser on her computer?

I am not fully sure that the issue is in Chrome, but it could be, worth a shot.

I can imagine as well it might be related to windows profile (I would live this as last option), or, if you have SSO enabled for Viya, then perhaps it is the Kerberos cache what needs to be flushed in her computer.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes with the reinstall.

Tobey
Fluorite | Level 6

IE browser does not work at all with Viya here at our business, user can login fine with Edge browser.

jcFranklin
SAS Employee
You might check if the version of Chrome on her computer vs the computer where this issue does not occur is different.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Excellent point @jcFranklin , I assumed too much thinking versions should be the same across computers.

Tobey
Fluorite | Level 6

Upgrading the user's Chrome browser to the latest version has resolved this issue. Thanks everyone for your help!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation