BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rupesh1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I tried Viya 3.4 and 3.5 installation on Azure. It's failing after 2 hours at one resource while provisioning vm extensions. Please help on this.

code": "VMExtensionProvisioningError",
"message": "VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'AnsibleControllerStartup'. Error message: \"Enable failed: processing file downloads failed: failed to download file[0]: failed to download file: unexpected status code: actual=404 expected=200\"\r\n\r\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at https://aka.ms/VMExtensionCSELinuxTroubleshoot "

Error from the recourse deployment failure:

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/DeployOperations for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VMExtensionProvisioningError\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'AnsibleControllerStartup'. Error message: \\\"Enable failed: failed to execute command: command terminated with exit status=2\\n[stdout]\\nrint $3}' | 

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Rupesh1 ,

this is not really a SAS issue. Check the error message, it points you to a Microsoft Azure document. 

This document also confirms my initial assumption: you should check the internet connection of the VM where your Ansible Controller will be installed.

I think it is all very auto-descriptive.

Rupesh1
Fluorite | Level 6

This is the reply from SAS Support, will give a try next month to see.

--

Thank you for contacting SAS Technical Support regarding the issue you are seeing when deploying Viya 3.5 on Azure.

This is a known issue relating to the quick start guide that is currently being worked on.  Right now I don't have a precise ETA for the resolution however I would suggest trying again Mid - End of next week (commencing 26th ).  I I can find a more precise date I will of course let you know.

--

Rupesh1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Gurus, I was able to deploy Viya 3.5 on Azure. I have added a network security rule with port 22 to access ssh session for Ansible, but i can't able to connect to the ipaddress which is located at PrimaryViyaLoadbalancer_PublicIP resource. I tried adding a network security rule with port 80, 8080, 443 but no luck. Please advise...
Rupesh1
Fluorite | Level 6
Actually it worked by adding an inbound rule to NSG with port 443. Thanks!
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Rupesh1 , 

thanks you very much for sharing your update with us!

Could you please mark your own post as Solution? 🙂

Regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation