BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi experts,

I want to deny access to SAS Environment Manager to all non SAS Admin users. Looking at the Viya 3.5 doc I see there is this URI resource:

SASEnvironmentManager/

And there are also other more specific URI resources like:

/SASEnvironmentManager/data

So my question is whether it is sufficient to close access to SASEnvironmentManager/ or do I need to also close access for each sub-resource such as /SASEnvironmentManager/data and /SASEnvironmentManager/dashboard etc.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I think the easiest way to do this would be to search for /SASEnvironmentManager in the rules page and disable all the rules listed for Authenticated Users.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I think the easiest way to do this would be to search for /SASEnvironmentManager in the rules page and disable all the rules listed for Authenticated Users.
--
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks Greg. Would it be enough to disable just the rule for the /SASEnvironmentManager/ URI without disabling the other rules that are page specific?
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It would probably have the desired effect but with some strange behavior if they tried to access one of those specific endpoints by entering them in the browser URL, where the application couldn't fully load instead of just rejecting access.
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation