BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Divyesh5192
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

I am having a server having Visual Analytics installed and configured.

It was runing fine.

But due to network transition network team has changed IP of the server but hostname is same.

In this case please guide me to configure VA server so that I can run VA seriveces on same server and continue my work.

Old Scenario when VA server runing fine(IP address and host name are mentioned for example):

Hostname - 01XYZ05

IP - 10.90.180.40

After Network transition :

Hostname - 01XYZ05

IP - 10.80.10.50

Please guide me in which files, I have to make changes in IP address to resolve this issue.

I would like to share with you that I do not have deployment manager access on this VA server so the way to reconfigure it is by replacing old IP with new one.

Please guide me on above scenario.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

IMHO.....you'll HAVE to get access to the SDM. I doubt if anyone has an exhaustive list of config files to update. There are probably many Metadata references as well, so you would need the SDM, sorry.

I would think that if you run the SDM and update from the old IP, to the host name, you should be good. Don't update to the new IP else you could be making the same mistake again. Even then, I would run a scan across ALL files in your config to make sure all instances were changed, since the SDM doesn't always catch all.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

When VA was installed originally, did you use host names or IP addresses in the various input screens for the SDW ? This should all have been host names, exactly for this reason.

What specific issues are you having now ?

Divyesh5192
Fluorite | Level 6

Glad to hear from you.

While installation at one place admin had given full IP instead of hostname.

Currently my all services are up but not able to connect as my URL is also of old IP.

As I have checked few configuration files having IP address.

So please suggest me in which files I have to change IP.!

Thanks. 

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

IMHO.....you'll HAVE to get access to the SDM. I doubt if anyone has an exhaustive list of config files to update. There are probably many Metadata references as well, so you would need the SDM, sorry.

I would think that if you run the SDM and update from the old IP, to the host name, you should be good. Don't update to the new IP else you could be making the same mistake again. Even then, I would run a scan across ALL files in your config to make sure all instances were changed, since the SDM doesn't always catch all.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Divyesh5192,

I fully agree with @nhvdwalt: you would need SAS Deployment manager (not the wizard), the sasadm@saspw account and then select Change hostnames to change to your hostname. You will not have a difference between short name and full qualified domain name in your deployment and, indeed, SDM is nto caching always every location where the hostname should be changed.

In your case, if you really want to have a clean installation, I would really recommend to do :

- Run installation (Configure only) to have a Lev2, now with proper short name and fqdns.

- Do partial promotion of your data, metadata, scripts etc from Lev1 to Lev2.

- Once Lev2 is complete and validated, you can un-configure Lev1.

And I would let an experienced SAS consultant to do this, to minimize the time and impact of the change, but I would leave it to you.

Divyesh5192
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you @nhvdwalt and @JuanS_OCS.

I will try to reach out SDM fisrtly as per your suggestion.

if it wont work then I will go for new configuration.

Regards,

Divyesh

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

OK. Make sure you have a good full backup or snapshot of the server before yo make any kind of big changes 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation