BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

I'm in SAS Mangement Console, Environment Manager > Server Manager > SASAppOA

Under there, I right-clicked "SASAppOA - Logical Workspace Server" and selected "Validate"

I am pushing two hours.  Is that normal, or is just spinning and unlikely to finish?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It should normally only take seconds. All it does it launch/connect to a SAS Workspace Server instance then run some simple code as a test. If it is taking minutes/hours then something is wrong. I would:

• Check the SAS Object Spawner log file to see if you can see the incoming connection and the attempt to launch the server, checking for errors and/or warnings.
  • Check the SAS Management Console error log to see if there are any stack traces.
  • Verify the load/activity on the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.
  • Verify your connectivity from the machine running SAS Management Console to the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.

Is this a SAS Grid-based installation?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi there @JohnJPS,

in case that "pushing" means "waiting" then it is not normal, otherwise we might need additional info about what "pushing" means.

A similar validation to that one, and normalli providing additional info, would be if you go to the host that has the SASAppOA, then go to Config/LevX/SASAppOA/WorkspaceServer and execute WorkspaceServer.bat or .sh, and read the logs.

JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry... yes, my wait is pushing two hours. Thanks for the tips.

Any damage to anything if I simply stop my Management Console task?

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It should normally only take seconds. All it does it launch/connect to a SAS Workspace Server instance then run some simple code as a test. If it is taking minutes/hours then something is wrong. I would:

• Check the SAS Object Spawner log file to see if you can see the incoming connection and the attempt to launch the server, checking for errors and/or warnings.
  • Check the SAS Management Console error log to see if there are any stack traces.
  • Verify the load/activity on the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.
  • Verify your connectivity from the machine running SAS Management Console to the machine(s) running the SASAppOA app server.

Is this a SAS Grid-based installation?

JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tips.  Will certainly follow up on these as well. It is not a grid install, although we do have a very small (two node) cluster.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If it's not grid then it should be a little easier to diagnose. As a 2 machine load balanced cluster then I would check SAS Object Spawner logs on both machines. The 2 spawners will also need to talk to each other to share load info and so I should also check the connectivity between the 2 machines - e.g. any firewall software blocking ports.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation