BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I was looking into some documentation about the SAP HANA connector but i couldn't find any answers to my question:

We have an active group of SAS eguide users (75 users) in our company, spreaded out over different departments. (to keep it simple: A , B and C all have 25 users).

Is it possible to set up the connection to SAP HANA so they can only read their data? And is it possible to set up they can only write to the schemes they are able to write to in SAP HANA? Is there any documentation available you can point me to?

Filip

10 REPLIES 10
alexal
SAS Employee

@Filipvdr ,

Yes, you can install and configure SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP HANA, but you have to control authorization level of your users on the SAS HANA server itself.

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

so each enterprise guide user has to make a libname connection to hana using his own user and password? 

alexal
SAS Employee

@Filipvdr ,

That's correct. 

alexal
SAS Employee

On this page, I described how to do that in SAS Viya: How to configure SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP HANA on SAS Viya?

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

we're (actually SAS is coming) installing new servers 9.4M6 next week, and we will be testing out the hana connector. will we need to do something similar or will it be ready to use?

alexal
SAS Employee

@Filipvdr ,

Similar. Please make sure that your license contains SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP HANA and follow configuration instructions from page 68: Configuration Guide for SAS® 9.4 Foundation for UNIX Environments

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9
yes we got a trial license for 90 days to see if the SAS/ACCESS interface is sufficient for the things we want to achieve! thanks for the tips!
alexal
SAS Employee

@Filipvdr ,

Sure, not a problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9
i'm testing out the connector and i manage to acces the hana database, though i can't see all the tables... all objects with "/BIC/" i'm not able to see.. probably because of the slashes.. any idea?
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9
PRESERVE_TAB_NAMES=YES would do the trick

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation