BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hmm, that is strange and also a deviation, which makes a bit hard to get a proper answer for you without diving deep within your SAS metadata.

I would recommend you to contact SAS Technical Support or an on-site specialized SAS Consultant or partner on SAS Metadata.

Perhaps @PaulHomes has got any additional insight, he is out Metadata-guru in the neighborhood if I would not wait much longer before contacting SAS for this question.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks @JuanS_OCS. I don't really have much to offer beyond my earlier points about the lack of a repository ACT suggesting the possibility of other issues, and that a review, ideally with the assistance of SAS Professional Service or a local SAS Partner, sounds like a good starting point. It is easy to add/configure a repository ACT again but the impact would most likely be significant (perhaps in a good way). If it were me, I would first want to spend a reasonable amount of time looking at the current setup to see if there are any indications of why it is like that. Was it a simple mistake or a deliberate decision? What will change if it were reinstated? Who would it impact, where, and are they all good outcomes? Discussions with any prior admins or consultants, if they are available, might provide clues too.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I forgot to mention that a review of the SAS metadata server logs and, if enabled, the SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture APM data mart tables may help in determining when the repository ACT was removed/modified and by whom.

Yordan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I delayed my final answer because I wanted to give you information how I solved this issue.
But I am still waiting client`s opinion.

So, thank you very much for the support @PaulHomes and @JuanS_OCS.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation