BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wvargasp
Calcite | Level 5

I want to perform update from version 9.4 M2 to 9.4 M5. I have some questions, could you please help me with:

- What are the risks that exist when updating?

- Backup and restore required and their procedures?

- I generated an error about "sas threaded kernel core routines" Does anyone know about that? 

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need to make sure that positively NO SAS software is running, or could get started (look at your server's crontabs).

Having a backup is always a must.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi,

have you already found the SAS Guide to Software Updates manual? If not, I would like to highly recommend you to Google it and give it a look. It should be able to answer all or most of your questions.
If you come across any more specific question, please let us know 🙂

In regards to that error, it woould help us if you share the full error message, ok?

Thanks!
pbad
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

It is not clear if this upgrade is for windows/Linux/Mainframe server installation or on the single/multiple machines. Please clarify what is the imapct size. There are list of activities you need to perform before you start your upgrade. Probably we can discuss in detail, once you answer the first question.

Thanks

Pratik 

wvargasp
Calcite | Level 5

Actualization is to AIX... but, what do you mean by the impact size?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation