BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sledison
Calcite | Level 5

I need to change the user account and password that is used to launch the SMC.  I thought I could launch SMC and the do File\Connection Profile, but this gives me a popup saying Your application will be disconnected from its metadata server.  Do you want to continue?  I clicked no, because I don't want to shut down the SMC or the SAS services, I just need to change the user id and password.  I inherited the SAS administration from a co-worker that has left our company, and he did the install/configuration of the server under the wrong user account.

1 REPLY 1
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you want to edit the profile SAS Management Console is using to connect to SMC you were on the right path. If you click "yes" it should bring you to the window where you can select the profile and from here you can create a new one or edit the existing one with the credentials you want.
Change, Create, Delete, or Edit a Connection Profile
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bidaag/n02njk8d394nexn14x9p3eksf6wu.htm#p0olgcifnu...
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation