BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AishwayraM
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Experts,

Need Advice and suggestions, as I need to update Internal and External SAS accounts password. Its been 3 years since the password were updated. and we have 100s of ETL and campaign already running in the environment

Below doubt come to my mind before proceeding:

*  Changing the Internal and External SAS account password will impact the existing functionality of ETLs and campaigns ?

Can you please help me clearing the above doubt.

Thanks in Advance!

1 REPLY 1
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hey @AishwayraM ,

that really depends on how your ETL are set up - are there explicit libanme statements with user + password in everysingle one of them? Or is it managed via Authentication Domains? Or do you have an external autoexec file with all the different libname statements inside? (best grep over your source-directory of all the etl-jobs for the word libname).

Changing the passwords for some of the technincal sas accounts should only be done using the Deployment Manager see documentation.

Also something to keep in mind is if other systems are using any of the users you want to change, as these will have to be informed about the changes as well.

Kind Regards

Criptic

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation