BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi Folks,

We tried to login in Operation System Services through SAS MC but we can't login. We are on Linux server and the crontab is working fine. We are using an account with administration privilege.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 06.41.08.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 06.41.26.png

Any idea? Regards,

10 REPLIES 10
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Did you confirm the server is available via you personal access account???????????????

MariaD
Barite | Level 11
Thanks, how could I verify? If you mean that my server user (on Linux) could add events on crontab and execute it, yes my user can jobs on it and it’a working.

Regards,
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @MariaD ,

UNIX scheduling uses the at command to execute jobs. However, this command might not be enabled for use by the scheduling server's user ID. To determine whether the command is enabled, run a test of the at command. Here is an example test:

echo touch /tmp/attest | at now
sleep 5
ls /tmp/attest

What is at?

Unlike cron, which let us run a task on a regular basis, at gives us the ability to execute a command or a script at a specified date and hour, or after a given interval of time. Minutes, hours, days or weeks can be used as units. It's even possible to use certain "keywords" as midnight or teatime (which corresponds to 4pm). 

Thanks!

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @Anand_V . In fact, I verified and we don't have "at" command enable on our Linux server. I'll install it and make again the test. Let's you know the results. 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Anand_V ,

We installed "at" command and it's working. Our linux user for SAS (we use a SAS Token) can execute at command without any error. 

But still, we can't not login on Operating System Services to schedule throw SAS MC. We tried with "sasadm" user, with Linux user (used for SAS Token), nothing works. Any idea why?

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.02.42.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.02.49.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The sasadm@passwd account is only defined in SAS metadata. It is not an OS account. You need to use an OS account to log onto OS scheduling. You can use a personal user OS account to test scheduling as long as the account has scheduling permissions setup in SMC.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
What's the error you get when you use a normal user, not SAS internal user (sasadm@saspw) ?
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Anand_V ,

We test using another user (not sasadm@saspw) and the situation is the same. Please see images below. We have all our users defined with internal account and we use a SAS Token to connect to SAS Workspace Server. Off course the user has Job Scheduling permission.

We also made a test using a host server user to login on Operating System Scheduling when login windows appears (image 1) and the results is the same.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 07.02.06.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 07.02.10.png

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

@MariaD maybe you should call in and get assistance from SAS technical advisors.  If you pay for SAS and need assistance that help should be part of the purchase.  

Like I noted at the beginning of this Q, test access using a real person access.  Can they make connection without using the tokens being passed?

You are the server admin?  Then call in a ticket.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@MariaD - By adding @saspw on the end of the user account you are calling the metadata identity of the account not the OS version. Try removing this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation