BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Could you please share the process to update the host-name of Middle tier (WebSphere) on unix server. We are cloning the old server and creating the new servers.

We used SDM to update the host-name of middletier but in ChangeHostName.html. I can lot of manual updates are required to update the web server.

Do you know how to update the console URL(new host-name) which point to new server name server name?

https://yourserver:9043/ibm/console

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @David_paul ,

WebSphere is a third-party tool. The manual changes are quite unavoidable. SAS helps you with those instructions as guideline, but it is not really SAS' end responsibility. Here is what I'd suggest:

a) follow the instructions, as it is what is supported by SAS Tech Support

b) use a grep tool, to crawl and change hostnames following a pattern, under your own risk

c) check IBM's guidelines, or contact IBM support. An example of something I quickly found google-ing: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.multiplatform.doc/ae/t...

Nonetheless, I understand this is not the most convinient. For the time being, try to resolve it the best you can. But thinking about the future, you might want to move to SAS 9.4, where SAS provides and manages by itself the Mid-tier, with it's own out-of-the-box provided Web Application Server, Enterprise sized. Just think about that one.

This last topic is specially relevant, as the versions of SAS and WebSphere you are using might be going out of A-level support, if it did not happen already.

Best regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation