BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi folks, 

We have installed SAS 9.4 M6 (early version) on our Linux Server. We have SAS EG, SAS Visual Analytics and Risk and Finance Workbench. One question: after run update softwares, is it necessary to rerun configuration? 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @JuanS_OCS,

Finally I resolved the issue. I opened SAS MC and navigate to the folder mentioned on error. Rename that folder and then select retried on Updating process. The updating process finalize ok.

Regards, 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MariaD ,

by default the UIP process has 2 main stages: upgrade binaries and upgrade configuration. If you see the steps are taking care of the second step, you will not need to Reconfigure the level or to rebuild/redeploy unless you have important posterior customisations to add.

Best regards,

Juan

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @JuanS_OCS . I updated the binaries without any error. After that, I tried to login on SAS VA (we have https) but I had a 404 error although https://server:8343 is ok. 

After that, stop all services (except Metadata) and tried to upgrade the configuration files using to Deployment Manager. Following all the steps and everything execute fine but again, when I tried to login on SAS VA the same 404 error appears. 

So, I think the only solution will be rename de Lev1 folder and reconfigure all. Any other idea?

Regards.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi there,

did you check your log files?

I would say that some of your post-configurations are failing, as example SSL. If SSL was applied to your platform after deployment, might be the case that:

- you might need to update the certificates in SAS Web Server and/or the SAS Private JREs
- one or more configurations rolled back: server.xml, Metadata, sas-environment.xml, etc

This being said, it calls my attention that you received no error during the UIP or the re-config with SDM, which makes me to think your UIP might be fundamentally correct. So...

Did you check if all your services are UP and no error messages in the logs? Specially the Cache Locator.
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @JuanS_OCS ,

I review everthing and I decide to restore a binaries and config files and process all again. After I updated the binaries files, I run sasdm.sh from SASDeploymentManager/9.4. 

Now, the following error appear on "Updating SAS Flex Application Themes".  Any idea what is going on?

Caused by: /sas/software/SASDeploymentManager/9.4/products/cfgwizard__xxxxx__prt__xx__sp0__1/Utilities/loadMetadata.xml:2061: Unable to delete the metadata object(s): /System/Applications/SAS Theme Designer for Flex/Theme Designer for Flex

After that error, I have only the options to "Retry" or "Abort". If I select "Retry", the same error occurs.

Regards,

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MariaD ,

are you sure the SDW UIP did not update already the configuration? That could explain why SDM tries to remove a metadata object that seems to not be there anymore.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @JuanS_OCS,

Finally I resolved the issue. I opened SAS MC and navigate to the folder mentioned on error. Rename that folder and then select retried on Updating process. The updating process finalize ok.

Regards, 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you for the update, glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue @MariaD 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation