BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jasonrw
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I need to update the license file on about 200 different installations of SAS 9.4. Is there an automated way I can do so without having to visit each computer?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you referring to actual SAS servers or are you talking about PCs with SAS installed? I suspect you are talking about PCs as you only have one licence file. 

jasonrw
Calcite | Level 5

I'm referring to PCs with SAS 9.4 installed. Sorry. The title I created is rather misleading.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

As far as I'm aware there is no official way to automatically deploy a SAS 9.4 PC licence on multiple computers.

However there is a possible back-door method you could try to see if it works for you. When you renew the SAS licence manually:

http://support.sas.com/kb/49/679.html

It updates a SAS catalog file called CORE.SAS7BCAT. You will find this file in a sub-folder of where SAS is installed like  

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\core\sashelp.

If you apply the licence manually on one computer then copy the updated CORE.SAS7BCAT file to another PC (to the same folder) where the licence needs to be renewed, then it should renew it successfully.

It should be possible to script this process to roll it out over multiple computers using tools like SCCM.

jasonrw
Calcite | Level 5

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation