BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

I had granted read access to a member for a library through the SAS Management Console.

The End User who was accessing the library from SAS EG was unable to view any of the tables under this library. When i investigated in SMC , the tables were not been granted access.

My Question here is : Suppose a library is provided access , will the tables under it also need to be given access explicitly.

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Permissions are not inherited from library to table. Both libraries and tables inherit permissions from their containing folder, so you could apply permission to the containing folder for the library and table to have both inherit them.

Object Inheritence
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bisecag/p0eqebtrv1qhzhn1qje3kytr5kcr.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Can other users see the tables OK and only the one user is affected? Are these SAS tables or external relational database tables? If nobody can see tables in this library your metadata library configuration might need changing.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation