BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksulistyo
SAS Employee

Hello,

I'm using SAS 9.4 and SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 on Windows.

I have tables in SQL Server that I'd like to register for data sources. I have successfully registered tables using SAS Management Console (SASMC). However, since access to server is limited, registering tables via web SAS Environment Manager (SASEV) was considered. 

Been trying to register tables via SASEV, but the tables didn't appear, no available tables to be registered. The tables appeared in SASMC. I used the same user login in SASMC and SASEV. 

What do I miss here? Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

With SAS Environment Manager, you can create and modify metadata definitions for Base SAS libraries, SAS LASR Analytic Server libraries, and SAS LASR Analytic Servers.  For all other data sources, you must use SAS Management Console.

See this comparison for a description of what can be done in SAS Environment Manager vs. SAS Management Console.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

please let me come in with a third possible option, which should be much easier, if it is just to register tables (from any source):

• did you already tried to register tables from the SAS Visual Analytics Administrator sub-application? If you get this role, you can go into any library already created and register your tables.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation