BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ishwarkumar
Obsidian | Level 7

After installing SAS 9.3. I am not able to open any SAS application. I'm getting this error  "Error: This application does not support on your platform". Please, can anyone help me out?

Thanks & Regards,

Ishwar Kumar

4 REPLIES 4
Ishwarkumar
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm using Windows 8
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Ishwarkumar wrote:
I'm using Windows 8

I think you are the first one I encounter here on the SAS communities who actually uses this POS. All the others either use a Windows Server version, or Windows 7 or Windows 10, and most of the system-related problems happen on 10.

I can only advise to either go back to Windows 7 (which works very well now, as development there has been focused for quite a while now on stability and not on new features), or upgrade to 10 and get the current SAS version (9.4M6) to install on it.

Keep in mind that access to the current version is always included in your SAS license.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are trying to run SAS 9.3 on Windows 10 it isn't supported. Only SAS 9.4 M4 or later is supported. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation