BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
clbroyles55
Calcite | Level 5

We recently migrated to a Windows 2016 server, and now many of our reports are failing with the following error:  ERROR: Unable to attach current thread.
ERROR: Unable to load the Java Virtual Machine. Please see the installation instructions or system administrator.

I've run some of the suggestions on similar problems, but I'm not finding a solution for Windows 2016.  The proc javainfo does not run correctly.  The jreoptions output follows.  I did check and the jvm.dll path is correct.

SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 9.4 TS1M6

JREOPTIONS=( -DPFS_TEMPLATE=d:\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\qrpfstpt.xml
-Djava.class.path=d:\SASHome\SASVER~1\eclipse\plugins\SASLAU~1.JAR
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=d:\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\sas.login.config
-Djava.security.policy=d:\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\sas.policy
-Djava.system.class.loader=com.sas.app.AppClassLoader
-Dlog4j.configuration=file:/D:/SASHome/x86/SASFoundation/9.4/tkjava/sasmisc/sas.log4j.properties
-Dsas.app.class.path=d:\SASHome\SASVER~1\eclipse\plugins\tkjava.jar
-Dsas.ext.config=d:\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\tkjava\sasmisc\sas.java.ext.config
-Dsas.jre.libjvm=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\client\jvm.dll
-Dtkj.app.launch.config=d:\SASHome\SASVER~1\picklist -Xms128m -Xmx128m )
Specifies the Java Runtime Environment options for SAS.

3 REPLIES 3
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Migration to Windows 2016 should not be the cause.
Try manually stopping SAS and reboot the server machine.

SAS should start on its own.
Have a look at the logs .

clbroyles55
Calcite | Level 5
I tried booting the server, and it didn't solve the problem.
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Sorry to hear that.
In your situation I would seek help from SAS Tech Support.
Suggest the same.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation