BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear All,

One of user unable to login AML UI, its throws error like "Login Credentials Invalid". I checked metadata log there is no error related to access. We are using WebSphere web server. Please help me out how to identified the where is the issue. user has all the required access.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If only one user is having problems logging in then I'd suggest the login interface is working OK. What type of authentication are you using? Is it single signon or do users have to type in a userid / password? Does it use OS authentication or does it require a specific userid / password stored only in SAS metadata? 

David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @SASKiwi 

Its issue with only new user. Access team provided all the required access and in metadata. when user type user id and password its throwing error "Login Credential invalid". we are using WebSphere middlewere. We have metadata log its showing below msg

"New client connection (57xx) accepted from server port 8561 for SAS token user newuser".

What is next step to debugging ? where we look for error at app and web server?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@David_paul  - I suggest you check how the user is defined in SAS metadata. Is an OS account used or not? Is a password stored or not?

The most common cause of such an error is typing in the wrong userid / password combination.

David_paul
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes it's os account to login into UI. As there is no error at meta data level what is next place I have to check...I mean Web logs etc..

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The successful metadata connection suggests that the correct credentials are being supplied.

I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support. They are in a much better position to diagnose the problem. I personally have no experience with SAS AML.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation