BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AgnesKa
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am not able to install SAS 9.4 on Windows 10. After the click on setup.exe I got a question whether allow the SAS to make changes, I obviously click YES. Afterwards I am able to see the SAS Wizard 9.4 mask for about 0.1 sec while its actually banishing. Nothing else is happening afterwards.

Was trying to change the security setting for downloads and apps but it didn't help.

Anyone faced  similar issues by installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Are you an administrator for your machine? You likely need to run the installation as an Administrator. If you can right click on the installation program and select "Run as administrator" you may be golden.

If this doesn't make sense and you have an IT department talk to them.

If you do have an IT department you may also encounter other security procedures that keep us dangerous users from messing up their plans, such as locked down Program folders and such.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Are you an administrator for your machine? You likely need to run the installation as an Administrator. If you can right click on the installation program and select "Run as administrator" you may be golden.

If this doesn't make sense and you have an IT department talk to them.

If you do have an IT department you may also encounter other security procedures that keep us dangerous users from messing up their plans, such as locked down Program folders and such.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What maintenance level of SAS 9.4 are you trying to install? Windows 10 is only supported on M3 or higher: http://support.sas.com/kb/55/938.html

AgnesKa
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you so much for your immediate help. I was able to instal it, now hope it will work properly.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation