BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

Hello SAS Community,  I am currently facing an issue with accessing  SAS Studio and SAS Environment Manager. Despite successfully using the credentials "sasdemo" and "sasadm@saspw" to log in to SAS EG and SAS Management Console, I encounter an "The user ID or password is not valid" error when attempting to access SAS Studio and SAS Environment Manager.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, troubleshooting steps, or insights you can provide. Thank you in advance for your support and contributions.

The user ID or password is not validThe user ID or password is not valid

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is this a new installation and you are testing various interfaces or was it working OK before and now it isn't? Do you get the same problem in a different browser?

This type of problem is likely to require some troubleshooting best handled by SAS Tech Support.

Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi Thank you for your response. This is an old SAS installation, and my goal is to learn SAS administration tasks using SAS Environment Manager. Unfortunately, I am unable to access it due to the "Invalid ID or password" error. I have already tried different browsers (Mozilla firefox and Microsoft Edge) with the same result.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Mahis - Tech Support is your best option then. Remember SAS EG and SAS Studio require OS accounts to logon with, not metadata-only accounts.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Mahis 
As you are able to access SASMC using sasadm@saspw account, I presume that you are on SAS 9.x.
Login to the SAS Management Console and check your groups. I am not aware of your local configurations / groups/ Role's but make sure you are member of sasuser and one of the SAS Environment Manager groups at the least.
Neeedless to say you need to have a valid account/password that can be authenticated by the host OS/Authentication provider.

Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

Hello @Sajid01 , We are currently working with SAS 9.4 and the SAS servers are installed on Linux OS. For the OS account, we have a sas group that has sasdemo as a user. Using the same credentials of this user, we are able to access SMC. I just added sasdemo to the SAS Environment Manager groups and SAS Studio groups, but we are still unable to access SAS Environment Manager and SAS Studio.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

SAS on Linux is pretty standard and there must be some local issue.
Normally one is able to login to the system as sasdemo.

Can you connect to SAS using SAS EG and run some basic program say proc setinit;run; ?
Want to make sure that sasdemo exists on the OS.

Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

@Sajid01 yes I am able to connect to SAS EG using sasdemo and I can run this program  proc setinit;run; without problem

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Try logging in to SAS Studio using sasdemo account. If you are not able to please check the metadataserver / object spawner log. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation