BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
teolly
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All @Asif4862@alexal, i've got the same error found here. I've followed the solution post without positive ending.
Here attached more information.

Could please someone help me to understand why?
Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of SAS Viya are you using? The post you reference is for an old Viya version. 

teolly
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, thank for your answer. Yes, it was an older version: 

[root@test-interni install]# zipgrep -m1 x64 SAS_Viya_deployment_data.zip | cut -d"-" -f3

It's my first training installation.
Here i found somenthing usuful but i didn't resolve the issue but i'm not sure is the correct way. I think a part of software is installed because i  have seen disk space increasing during the installation.

/dev/mapper/data-data_lv  252G  108G  132G  46% /opt/sas

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The command that is failing is trying to run an ssh into the host and then run sudo to become the user "sas". Are you able to run that command successfully on the target as root?
sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
teolly
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, yes it does. Here below feedback:

[root@test-interni ~]# cd /opt/sas/install/sas_viya_playbook/
[root@test-interni sas_viya_playbook]# sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh
sh-4.2$
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I would next confirm you are able to run it through ssh like Ansible is trying to do:
ssh -C -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPersist=60s -o 'IdentityFile="/root/.ssh/id_rsa"' -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o 'User="root"' -o ConnectTimeout=10 -o -tt test-interni.internal.cloudapp.net '/bin/sh -c '"'"'sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh'"'"''
--
teolly
Obsidian | Level 7

I tried to launch the command:

[root@test-interni sas_viya_playbook]# ssh -C -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPersist=60s -o 'IdentityFile="/root/.ssh/id_rsa"' -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o 'User="root"' -o ConnectTimeout=10 -o -tt test-interni.internal.cloudapp.net '/bin/sh -c '"'"'sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh'"'"''
command-line: line 0: Bad configuration option: -tt

and then i tried to launch without "-tt" option:

[root@test-interni sas_viya_playbook]# ssh -C -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPersist=60s -o 'IdentityFile="/root/.ssh/id_rsa"' -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o 'User="root"' -o ConnectTimeout=10 -o test-interni.internal.cloudapp.net '/bin/sh -c '"'"'sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh'"'"''
command-line: line 0: Bad configuration option: test-interni.internal.cloudapp.net

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Sorry, I left a -o in there before the -tt that should be removed:
ssh -C -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPersist=60s -o 'IdentityFile="/root/.ssh/id_rsa"' -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o 'User="root"' -o ConnectTimeout=10 -tt test-interni.internal.cloudapp.net '/bin/sh -c '"'"'sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh'"'"''
--
teolly
Obsidian | Level 7

sorry me too, i didn't recognize. Here command:

[root@test-interni sas_viya_playbook]# ssh -C -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPersist=60s -o 'IdentityFile="/root/.ssh/id_rsa"' -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o 'User="root"' -o ConnectTimeout=10 -tt test-interni.internal.cloudapp.net '/bin/sh -c '"'"'sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh'"'"''
sh-4.2$
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Seems like everything is working as expected on the system side. You may want to build a new playbook with a new version of the sas-orchestration-cli.
--
teolly
Obsidian | Level 7

Before to follow your suggestion, i tried to launch "ansible-playbook deploy-cleanup.yml" and it had ending positive, after that i tried to relaunch "system-assesment.yml" and i got another error (never seen before), pls look below:

fatal: [deployTarget]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "module_stderr": "Shared connection to test-interni.internal.cloudapp.net closed.\r\n", "module_stdout": "su: invalid option -- 'H'\r\n\r\nUsage:\r\n su [options] [-] [USER [arg]...]\r\n\r\nChange the effective user id and group id to that of USER.\r\nA mere - implies -l. If USER not given, assume root.\r\n\r\nOptions:\r\n -m, -p, --preserve-environment do not reset environment variables\r\n -g, --group <group> specify the primary group\r\n -G, --supp-group <group> specify a supplemental group\r\n\r\n -, -l, --login make the shell a login shell\r\n -c, --command <command> pass a single command to the shell with -c\r\n --session-command <command> pass a single command to the shell with -c\r\n and do not create a new session\r\n -f, --fast pass -f to the shell (for csh or tcsh)\r\n -s, --shell <shell> run shell if /etc/shells allows it\r\n\r\n -h, --help display this help and exit\r\n -V, --version output version information and exit\r\n\r\nFor more details see su(1).\r\n", "msg": "MODULE FAILURE\nSee stdout/stderr for the exact error", "rc": 1}

I ran all command as "root". I don't understand if it fails for the system settings corrupted or eventually modifying (weeks ago) or if is SAS's software the problem.

Glad to your support, i really appreciate. 🙏

I'll try to re

teolly
Obsidian | Level 7
I'll try to recreate playbook from Linux's x64 orchestration files.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation