BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rabindrakumar1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

When I am trying to validate the workspace sever from SMC, I am getting the below error:

The launch of the server process failed because of a SAS kernel initialization failure.

SEVERE: The launch of the server process failed because of a SAS kernel initialization failure.

I have done a diff between the correctly working SASApp1 and SASApp2, there is no difference in the files underlying in this path 

"/opt/sas/config/compute/Lev1/SASApp1/" and "/opt/sas/config/compute/Lev1/SASApp2/"

The differneces are logical where it needs to have the server names are also correct. I have refresh the Object Swapner using Refersh of Application servers as well.

These basic troubleshooting didn't fix the issue.

Please help me to fix this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @rabindrakumar1 ,

I would ensure the permissions for some folders such as work and logs are set up correctly, for the users.

Have you tried to run /opt/sas/config/compute/Lev1/SASApp2/WorkspaceServer/WorkspaceServer.sh -nodms to check if this SAS session shows any oter more specific error?

Let us know, good luck

Best regards,

Juan

rabindrakumar1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the inputs, indded I should have validated this way as well. I found the bug, the entry inside this file /opt/sas/config/compute/Lev1/SASApp2/sasv9_usermods.cfg was incorrectly defined 
-MSGLEVEL = I6

It should be 

-MSGLEVEL = I

alexal
SAS Employee

@rabindrakumar1 ,

Are you sure you can invoke the workspace server without problems? Run the following command in the Linux console:

/opt/sas/config/compute/Lev1/SASApp2/WorkspaceServer/WorkspaceServer.sh -nodms

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @rabindrakumar1 ,

after a month since you open this post, I would like to follow up. Did you manage to resolve the issue? How?

Did any of the post help wit your solution?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation