BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
McDiddles
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi I am trying to deploy SAS Visual Analytic Server on Linux. 

I am parsing the directory /usr/bin as the location of my python  but it says the directory does not contain the requested component.

the directory does contain the python2 symbolic link and the python2.7 file.pic3.pngpic2.pngpic1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
McDiddles
Obsidian | Level 7

I fixed the problem by reistalling the Redhat. Yes My machine is called Localhost. it was the default name when I installed it. is that a problem? the external users I'll add to the sasusers group that I created.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
Are you going to deploy SAS Visual Analytics onto a machine named "localhost"? How are you expecting users to log on?

What operating system is that? From the icon I get the impression it's Red Hat or some variety of it but from that directory that doesn't look familiar to me. The cockpit message combined with python 2 being installed leads me to believe this is RHEL8 vm?

That prompt in the installation is asking for the path to the interpreter itself not the directory that contains it.

McDiddles
Obsidian | Level 7

I fixed the problem by reistalling the Redhat. Yes My machine is called Localhost. it was the default name when I installed it. is that a problem? the external users I'll add to the sasusers group that I created.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation