BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Raito
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

when i try to connect to the profile I get the following error:

"The application could not log on to the server. No server is available at that port on that machine".

Can someone help me or had this problem before? I also add the attachment.

error-sas.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Raito
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for all the advice. I could not find the solution so I was forced to reinstall my SAS software. Thankfully it helped Smiley Happy.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Check:

- correct port number according installation

- the machine "rafal-note" is the name of your server- side machine

- You are in the same network-domain with your client as the server

- There are no firewalls actice with network domain segregations blocking it all (use open telnet like client) 

There is only an attempt to reach the metadataserver. This attempt is failed.

You will not able to find anything in a SAS server side log because it never got unto that.

The last option with loggings is activate that for the client / at the SMC part. You can follow the attempts and failures at that part.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

No server logs will help you here, because no attempt to communicate with a server application has been made at all.

So you have to check

- is the servername correct? Do a ping with that name.

- if that works, check (or have checked) what is listening on the port 8561 there (using netstat)

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

SMC is not communicating with the spawner during login - so that step can be omitted.

And of course obvious (and may therefore not spoken out here yet), make sure that the metadata server is up and running.

Data never sleeps
Raito
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for all the advice. I could not find the solution so I was forced to reinstall my SAS software. Thankfully it helped Smiley Happy.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation