BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
m_dash
Fluorite | Level 6

ERROR: The Java child process terminated unexpectedly: status -1073741502.
ERROR: Failed to attach to Java during SAS startup.

I've experienced the following error when opening SAS 9.4.  There was no problem prior to updating Window 10 package.  I've reinstalled both SAS and Java, but unsucessful.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This is a known problem that was introduced with the Microsoft Windows 10 "Creators" update.  SAS has issued a fix to solve the issue for SAS 9.4 customers.  Microsoft may also address the problem in a future update.  The SAS hot fix is designed to solve the issue independent of any future Windows fix.

The problem is described in this SAS Note.  See the "Hot Fix" tab for the fix download links.

See also the solution details in this SAS Support Communities thread.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreasMenrath
Pyrite | Level 9
There is already an active discussion about this problem here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/windows10-about-SAS9-4-ERROR-The-Java-child-process-te...

btw: i experience the same issue since the upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update
acgruesst
Calcite | Level 5

I am in desparate need - can you please let me know how to fix.

Thnaks

Angelika Gruessner ,PhD

The Java child process terminated unexpectedly: status -1073741502

ERROR: The Java child process terminated unexpectedly: status -1073741502.
ERROR: Failed to attach to Java during SAS startup.
NOTE: Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software 9.4 (TS1M3)
      Licensed to STATE UNIV OF NY UPSTATE MEDICAL UNIV - T&R SFA, Site 70145076.
NOTE: This session is executing on the X64_8PRO  platform.

NOTE: Updated analytical products:

SAS/STAT 14.1
      SAS/ETS 14.1
      SAS/OR 14.1
      SAS/IML 14.1
      SAS/QC 14.1

NOTE: Additional host information:

X64_8PRO WIN 6.2.9200  Workstation

NOTE: SAS initialization used:
      real time           1.58 seconds
      cpu time            0.78 seconds

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried the suggestions in the link above? Failing that you could restore your PC to a Win 10 version prior to the Creator's update:

http://support.sas.com/kb/60/323.html

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This is a known problem that was introduced with the Microsoft Windows 10 "Creators" update.  SAS has issued a fix to solve the issue for SAS 9.4 customers.  Microsoft may also address the problem in a future update.  The SAS hot fix is designed to solve the issue independent of any future Windows fix.

The problem is described in this SAS Note.  See the "Hot Fix" tab for the fix download links.

See also the solution details in this SAS Support Communities thread.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation