BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ggold
Calcite | Level 5

In order to automate our release process, I’m attempting to generate a template for SAS stored processes which are used as part of our production system.

The process we are attempting is as follows:

1. Export a stored process from SAS Management Console which generates a *.spk package.
  2. Rename the .spk to .zip and uncompress this file and edit the contents directly including “ConnectionMapping.xml”, “DeployMap.xml”, and “TransportMetadata”. I’m doing this noting that ConnectionMapping and DeployMap both say <!--IMPORTANT: This file should not be edited.-->. However, I am only editing the folder name of the stored process from ‘Analytics’ to ‘@AnalyticsEnvironment’
  3. Compress these edited files to a *.zip and rename this back into an *.spk package
  4. Import the package back into the SAS Console.

However, this gives me the following Import Error:  “No package metadata.”

Is there a better way to do this? If not, how can I resolve this error?

My SAS and OS information are as follows:

Product Name: Office Analytics

SAS software release: SAS 9.4M2

Operating system: Windows Server 2012 R2

2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User

I haven't tried it, but maybe the batch export and import tool would meet your needs?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/67481/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p16u72wwciy3y0n1wq3i...

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Yep Quentin, that is one of the options having those tools to do the replacement. Another is  avoiding the need for any replacement at all by using environment vars.
Nothing there to change, no need for an update of source/settings. This is a better fulfillment of those requirements with release management that you shouldn't change anything when deploying after the testing/validating.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation