BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
alexandros
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello ,

I am trying to synchronize AD with SAS Metadata Server, but I am getting the below error:

Unable to contact the LDAP server.

I suppose that the problem is tha AD uses different port from default 389 and tls 1.2 is required.

Do you know how to check which tls version is already used and how I can to modify this?

I have tried to use options TLS_MODE_ON  in call ldaps_open routine but I am getting the same error.

The current version of SAS is 9.4 TS Level 1M4 and the operating System is Windows Server 2012

Thank you in advance.

Xenakis Alexandros

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexandros
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you all for your tips.

The problem was due to the server name. The server was "kind of" parent IP which directs you every time to different server for connecting. After we changed that the connection worked fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Another possible explanation is you need to make a firewall rule change to allow traffic on a particular port.

alexandros
Fluorite | Level 6

I don't think that is a firewall issue, as I can telnet the Port from the machine via windows powershell.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This type of problem is best solved with SAS Tech Support if you are not already doing so.

alexandros
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you all for your tips.

The problem was due to the server name. The server was "kind of" parent IP which directs you every time to different server for connecting. After we changed that the connection worked fine.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation