BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Question has been asked: On a SAS 9.4 platform, can Stored Processes be change managed (CheckOut to a project repository, etc)?

The default is no, how easy/hard/impossible is it to change it to a Change Managed object?

Capture.PNG:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The only change management approach for stored processes of which I'm aware is to point the associated stored process code to a server location which itself reflects a publish from an external source management utility.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The only change management approach for stored processes of which I'm aware is to point the associated stored process code to a server location which itself reflects a publish from an external source management utility.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

AndrewHowell

Mark,

Had a similar thought where the stored process metadata object itself may not be able to be change managed, but the underlying code is save as a *.sas file which me manage via a DI User Code node (similar to how we manage macros).

This is the first time I've encountered a site which wants to change manage "everything", and since we're using DI projects to change manage the bulk of the ETL work, they've asked if it can be extended further. Didn't realise til now that you COULDN'T change manage stored processes - seems an odd gap.

Regards,

Andrew.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In light of your question, I would like to see it that _all_ metadata objects could possibly be subject to change management/historization (on a technical level). Building on that, SAS could then turn that on by metadata object type.

Think of being able to see who did a change to a user definition at a given point in time. Or why the authorization on a library was changed.

AndrewHowell

@Kurt_Bremser - concur totally; ideally let the admin control which metadata types are or are not change-managed.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation