BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Starting / Stopping of SAS during windows reboot.
We have configured SAS to start as windows service.

When windows is rebooted SAS starts.

However before stopping the server SAS is manually stopped.

During patching of the OS, there are multiple reboots and SAS is manually stopped between the reboot.

My question: Is  it necessary to manually stop SAS particularly during reboots while patching.?
will windows not stop SAS systematically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CurtisMackWSIPP
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The question as I understand it is, Will Windows automatically stop a Windows service on reboot.  The answer to that question is of course Yes.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CurtisMackWSIPP
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The question as I understand it is, Will Windows automatically stop a Windows service on reboot.  The answer to that question is of course Yes.  

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I've never found it necessary to stop SAS manually for restarts. I'll sometimes apply Windows Updates during the day and simply schedule a reboot in the middle of the night, to avoid downtime when analysts are busy.

angian
SAS Employee
It depends what SAS products you are running. I prefer to gracefully shutdown all SAS services prior to a Server reboot. I also like to explicitly control the restart process with automation tools. YMMV

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation