BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

We have recently migrated to SAS 9.4 M6. We need to setup batch jobs via schedule manager.

Can you please guide me on how we can set up/config the jobs.

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please refer to the documentation: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=scheduleug&docsetTarget=n11h7gtnkw4bhbn13ndr66h4wupe.htm&doc...

The setup will depend on what scheduler you are using. The link describes the various schedulers available in SMC.

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

@SASKiwi  Thanks for reply.

Could you confirm which batch server I need to select while creating the flow?

I am looking for a free server batch server to schedule the jobs inside SMC.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@japsas100 - Do you mean scheduler? When you create a new flow, there is an option - Set Scheduling Server. If you select that then you should see two free options to choose from: Operating System Services and SAS Distributed In-Process Services Scheduling Server. Both of these are explained in the link I sent you.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Depending on what products you have installed at your site the schedulers may differ. If you have "SAS Grid Manager for Platform" you may have "Platform Process Manager" as an extra scheduler.

Most of the sites have 'Operating System Scheduling' as an option. To use this on Linux systems the ID you are going to use must have the access to submit jobs to at command. I have seen at most sites 'at' and 'cron' are disabled for normal users. Read this document link to understand more on Using Operating System Scheduling on UNIX Systems 

To use this option on Windows systems the ID you are going to use must have 'Local Admin' rights on the scheduling server. Read this document link to understand more on Using Operating System Scheduling on Windows Systems 

There is another option 'SAS Distributed In-Process Scheduling' that is available which uses JMS Queue Manager. If you have this configured you can use this as well. However it doesn't support sub flows. Read this document link to understand more on Setting Up Scheduling Using SAS Distributed In-Process Scheduling 

Hope this helps!

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks @Anand_V 

We have SAS9.4installed in the window environment. Do we have only "Operating System Scheduling" option for batch jobs or any others?

We are only looking for a free Scheduler which comes with sas9.4.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Yes, then that should be the one available in your environment.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@japsas100  - As I already mentioned above you should also have the SAS Distributed In-Process Services Scheduling Server as a scheduling option.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation