BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobertWF1
Quartz | Level 8

I've successfully created a SAS Enterprise Guide profile that connects me to my company's SAS server.

However, when I click on Servers -> SASApp, I'm prompted for my username and password which are not accepted. I keep getting the "An unexpected error has occurred" message.

IT is working on it but is there a simple solution I'm missing?

6 REPLIES 6
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It sounds like your user might exist on the Metadata tier but not on the compute tier. The Object Spawner log would probably have more information on the failure.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
RobertWF1
Quartz | Level 8
There is some information in the pulldown menu when I select "Show Details" in the error message, but not sure how helpful this is:

Connection retry attempted with previously failed login

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException
Message: Connection retry attempted with previously failed login
Source: SAS.EG.SDS.Model
Target Site: SASWorkspace

Stack Trace:
at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace()
at SAS.EG.SDS.Views.View.DoPopulate(DisplayOperation& op)

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type: SAS.EC.Directory.Model.SDSException
Source: EC.Directory
Target Site: Connect

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type: System.InvalidOperationException
Source: EC.Directory
Target Site: Connect

Stack Trace:
at SAS.EC.Directory.Model.Server.Connect(ConnectionInfo connInfo)
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The message is saying it tried to log in with the same credentials you used to log in to Enterprise Guide and those failed. This is why it is prompting you for credentials. That both of these are failing suggests an authentication issue on the computer server.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
RobertWF1
Quartz | Level 8
Ok thanks - sounds like an issue I can't resolve on my end unfortunately. 😞
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is this the first time you have tried this or did it previously work and now it doesn't? Are other SAS users having the same problem or is it just you? If other users have the same problem then it is likely a SAS server configuration or operating problem. If only you are affected then it is likely some issue with your user permissions. In both cases only IT / SAS administrators can fix it.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

This is an error typically new sas users see.

Reasons could there account has not yet been setup,they may not be in the proper groups (AD and/Metadata server) etc.
Approach your SAS Administrator for help.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation